Thursday, September 01, 2005

Corporate Wish List on Behalf of Katrina Victims

While corporations are busy tallying up their charitable donations (which I'm happy to see, I might add), it's important to remember that most, if not all of these donations will mean very fat write-offs at the end of the fiscal year.

In addition, I'd like to see some REAL corporate charity, some REAL government assistance for the victims of Katrina.

Starting here:

  • All of their credit card debt should be forgiven entirely.
  • Exemption for a minimum of one year from all state and federal income taxes.
  • Guaranteed interest rates capped at prime for those needing to purchase new homes and vehicles, with loan approval extended independent of income or credit rating.
  • Fully subsidized medical care for all hurricane-related injuries and illnesses.
  • Triple? Quadruple? the typical state support for foster care providers (in anticipation of newly orphaned kids).

I'll add to this as I can. Feel free to weigh in with your suggestions. If we get a good list going, I'll fire it off in a Letter-to-the-Editor campaign.

No comments: