In addition, I'd like to see some REAL corporate charity, some REAL government assistance for the victims of Katrina.
- All of their credit card debt should be forgiven entirely.
- Exemption for a minimum of one year from all state and federal income taxes.
- Guaranteed interest rates capped at prime for those needing to purchase new homes and vehicles, with loan approval extended independent of income or credit rating.
- Fully subsidized medical care for all hurricane-related injuries and illnesses.
- Triple? Quadruple? the typical state support for foster care providers (in anticipation of newly orphaned kids).
I'll add to this as I can. Feel free to weigh in with your suggestions. If we get a good list going, I'll fire it off in a Letter-to-the-Editor campaign.