I've always admired people like my husband, whose tempers are these great volcanic things, laced with clear logic and inflammatory language, unleashed in real-time, right when they're assaulted by the rage-provoking things.
I'm not one of these people, and require several days of slow simmering before I boil over and spill out my fury. As a result, I'm still a ways away from writing anything worth publishing (save for this) about the Gulf disaster and my scathing reaction to the advance planning and subsequent rescue attempts.
Thankfully, there are plenty of folks out there writing some truly brilliant pieces. I will happily defer to them and invite you to have a look at what they've done.
I'll update this list as I come across these gems.
- For this morning, have a look here at Pamindurham's entry "Contempt for the Masses Starts at the Conservative Top".
- Hunter's description of this catastrophe in "Left Behind" is eloquent, as usual.
- Sheer horror as reported by Bidabunch, a NO evacuee.
- Sassy Texan, part of the volunteer effort in Houston, shares her experiences.
- Kingubu to the GOP: Ask not for whom the bell tolls.If you read nothing else in this entry, read THIS.
- Amidst the screams heard 'round the blogosphere, Michael Reynolds is the cooler head among us.